ONGOING EDUCATION IS KEY TO FIRE PREVENTION
Whatcom County Fire Protection District 4 strives to protect its residents from unforeseen tragedy. An important step in doing this is educating residents about fire safety, hazards and emergency preparedness. WCFD#4 offers a variety of public education opportunities including, safety talks at schools and Day Cares, fire safety house and fire station tours, bike rodeos, block parties, safety fairs, home safety inspections, fire extinguisher demos and CPR classes.
To schedule a tour for yourself, your class, or your community group, please give us a call @ 360-318-9933
Free Heartsaver CPR Classes Offered! (Sign-up Below)
Whatcom County Fire District #4 is offering AHA Heartsaver CPR/AED classes once a month, free of charge to the community. Donations of nonperishable food items are encouraged but not mandatory. All food donations will be forwarded to area food banks.
Heartsaver CPR Classes are for individuals who are in need of a CPR/AED certification or who would just like to learn in a fun and relaxed environment. This course offers the opportunity to learn basic CPR in a dynamic group environment and receive feedback from a trained instructor.
Classes are offered at various stations around the district and quickly fill up with a maximum size of 15 students.
Classes begin at 6:30PM and end around 9:30PM.
After successful completion of this class, you will obtain a Heartsaver CPR/AED certification card.
Topics in the class include:
Adult CPR & Emergencies
Child CPR & Emergencies
Infant CPR & Emergencies
Automatic External Defibrillator (AED)
Adult Choking Emergencies
Child Choking Emergencies
Infant Choking Emergencies
Emergency Situational Awareness
Body Substance Isolation & Protecting Yourself
Managing yourself and the emergency scene
Who can enroll in the course?
Classes are for ages 13 years and older.
If the student is under the age of 18 years, a parent or guardian must accompany them to the class.
Registration: To register for a Heartsaver CPR/AED class, please utilize the online sign up form below. If the month is not listed on the sign up sheet, the class has been filled up. For any further questions/comments, please write in the notes section and someone will get back to you if necessary
Upcoming 2017 Classes
- December 20 – 4142 Britton Loop Station 12, Bellingham – class is full
Upcoming 2018 Classes
- January 31 – 4142 Britton Loop Station 12, Bellingham
- February 28 – 4142 Britton Loop Station 12, Bellingham –
- March 28 – 4142 Britton Loop Station 12, Bellingham
- April 25 – 4142 Britton Loop Station 12, Bellingham
- May 30 – 4142 Britton Loop Station 12, Bellingham
- June 27 – 9001 Semiahmoo Prkwy Station 62, Semiahmoo
- July 25 – 9408 Odell Rd Station 61, Blaine
- August 22 – 9408 Odell Rd Station 61, Blaine
- September 26- 9408 Odell Rd Station 61, Blaine
- October 24 – 4142 Britton Loop Station 12, Bellingham
- November 15 – 4142 Britton Loop Station 12, Bellingham
- December 19 – 4142 Britton Loop Station 12, Bellingham